SEE THE LATEST POLITICAL NEWS FROM A SAMPLE OF MEDIA SOURCES
- Schiff on Bolton’s book allegations: President 'afraid the American people would find out’
- Rep. Doug Collins expected to run for Senate, setting up GOP clash
The move complicates Republicans' efforts to hold onto a battleground Senate seat.
- Trump defense team on Burisma and Biden: 'Why was Hunter Biden on this board?'
- Key GOP senators say reports on Bolton book bolster case for witnesses in impeachment trial
Sens. Susan Collins and Mitt Romney said they expect other Republicans to back a push for new evidence as part of President Trump’s trial. A vote is expected later this week.
- The 29 defenses Trump’s allies have floated on Ukraine and impeachment
Over the past four months, congressional Republicans and President Trump’s other allies have floated no fewer than 29 defenses of Trump’s actions on Ukraine.
- Newest GOP senator accuses Romney of trying to ‘appease the left’ in favoring witnesses in Trump impeachment trial
The rare intraparty feud was striking as Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) and her husband donated $1.5 million to Romney’s failed presidential bid.
- Republicans discuss impeachment witness swap in closed-door lunch
Republican senators discussed the idea of an impeachment witness swap, where they could call a witness for House managers in return for the same number for President Trump, during a closed-door caucus meeting on Monday. The...
- Trump team goes on the attack against Bidens
President Trump’s defense team went on the offensive Monday against former Vice President Joe Biden as part of its impeachment arguments, zeroing in on allegations of a conflict of interest involving the Democratic presidential nominee and his son...
- Progressive group targeting vulnerable GOP senators on impeachment witnesses
A Democratic group has launched a six-figure ad campaign targeting five vulnerable Republican senators over the GOP's reluctance to call for witnesses as part of the ongoing Senate impeachment trial.Majority Forward, a nonprofit affiliated with...
- Collins expected to announce Georgia Senate bid
Rep. Doug Collins (Ga.), the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, is expected to announce in the coming days that he's running for Senate against Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.), according to a Georgia source.Collins had sought the Senate...
- House lawmakers urge adoption of UN report's recommendations on battling anti-Semitism
A bipartisan group of House lawmakers is calling on the United Nations to implement recommendations to combat anti-Semitism that were laid out in a report by the organization last year.In a letter to United Nations Secretary-General ...
- Meadows: Republicans who break with Trump could face political repercussions
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) said he believes Senate Republicans who break with President Trump on impeachment will likely face political backlash during an interview with CBS Evening News slated to be aired Monday evening. His comments...